Answers to popular questions

Who can register a company in Poland

Foreigner who has foreign passport can start business on the same conditions as Poland citizens in any business legal structure.

Such person can start sole proprietorship and register it in CEIDG (if this person has ukrainian citizenship, Pole’s card, permanent residence permit, temporary residence permit with the purpose of studying) or any partnerships including general partnership, limited partnership etc., and register it in National Court Register.

How to get PESEL
  • PESEL is the national identification number, which consists of 11 digits. The PESEL number includes date of birth, serial number, gender and reference number.
  • A citizen of Ukraine who legally entered Poland from February 24th, 2022, directly from the territory of Ukraine, will receive a PESEL after submitting an application to any commune office in Poland. The application can be filled out by the applicant or an office employee based on the data provided by the applicant.
  • Other foreigners, as well as citizens of Ukraine who arrived before February 24th, 2022, can get a PESEL during registration or by submitting an application to the relevant Urząd.
What forms of business are there in Poland?

Most often, our clients register Spółka z o.o. – limited liability partnership or JDG ( jednoosobowa działalność gospodarcza) –  sole proprietorship.

There are also other types of public business management in Poland, such as limited partnership, joint-stock company etc.

There is also opportunity to cooperate with Business Incubator.

Each of these types has its advantages and disadvantages. It is best to get a comprehensive consultation from our specialists, which of these forms of doing business is suitable for you, taking into account all the nuances and needs of your business.

What taxes (tax rates) exist in Poland?
  • For Sp. z o.o. – it’s tax of 9% on income up to €2 million per year and tax of 19% on income more than €2 million per year.

There are also tax benefits – “Estoński CIT” (Estonian CIT) – 0% taxation under certain conditions for Sp. z o.o. (our specialists can tell you about it in detail).

  • There are different tax rates, but the main ones for sole proprietorship – 12% for income up to 120000 zł/year and 32% for income more than 120000 zł/year.
  • And 19% – if you do not choose an income limit.
  • There are next tax rates for IT sector – 5% (IP BOX), 8,5%, 12% and 15% – depending on the type of activity and services.
What documents are required to start cooperation on starting business in Poland?
  • Passport
  • A signed contract
  • Preferably power of attorney
Opening a company with Hello Poland
    1. You can come to Poland or we can open a company remotely.
    1. Signing a contract with us: for this you need an email to which we will send a letter. This letter will contain the contract that you must sign.
    2. After that, you need to send us a copy of the contract by e-mail.
    3. Payment to the company’s account (full payment or advance payment of 50%).
    4. You send us:
    • “Certification” (notarized confirmation of identity and signature)
    • Power of attorney for processing all needed documents for opening your company
    • Digital Signature Certificate Agreement (you need this for signing documents for company registration, financial documents, reporting, contracts, etc.)
    1. We prepare and fill out all documents necessary for company registration. (For this you do not need to be a citizen of Poland or have a residence permit. The only necessary document for this is a foreign passport.)
    2. Registration
    • Checking company’s name, preparation of the list of activities according to PKD (Polska Klasyfikacja Działalności);
    • Processing of constituents documents: contract, decision of the Board of Management
    • Payment of registration fee;
    • After that, we send the documents to the court and the registrar and wait for their response;
    • Registration of your limited partnership in State Register of Enterprises (KPS in Poland), in State Tax Services, statistical offices etc.
    • Obtaining of the Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) and statistic number REGON;
    • Payment of tax on the minimum authorized capital.
    • We submit preliminary documents to the bank for opening an account and after that you come to Poland
    1. If you paid only 50% in advance – payment of the other 50%.
    2. Conclusion of a virtual office lease agreement (legal address).
    3. Opening a bank account
    4. Design and manufacture of a seal
    5. You sign a service contract for your company with an accountant (ours or yours)

Answers to popular questions

Can an entrepreneur get a residence permit?

Yes, but for this it is necessary to fulfill several important conditions:

  1. The enterprise must work legally and be profitable. Each voivodeship has a different minimum income. It is better to clarify this information, because it can change. This is approximately 10-15 thousand euros per year.
  2. Polish citizens or foreigners who have a work permit for foreigners (zezwolenie na prace dla cudzoziemca) must officially work at the company. The period of their work at this enterprise should be more than 12 months.
What reports should the company submit? Where? How often?
  • VAT return – monthly to the tax service;
  • Income tax – monthly or quarterly to the tax service;
  • Social charges (if there are employed employees) – monthly to the social insurance service.
How much does a virtual office (legal address) cost per month?

Depending on the tariff plan, the cost is from 35 to 75 euros per month.

*We provide this service only for our clients and proven partners (to avoid cases when mass registration takes place at the legal address, which causes questions and problems with banks and public authorities).

We keep an eye for these important reputational moments.

And we also receive and forward correspondence immediately (not once a week or once a month) because most letters from state authorities require an immediate response.

Company service costs (prices at minimum activity)
  • Accounting – from 125 euros (the price increase depends on the number of transactions and whether the company will be a VAT payer or not);
  • Legal address – from 35 euros;
  • Legal and tax consulting – individual prices;
  • Marketing and market support – individual prices.
What types of activities can an LLC provide and what may be the limitations?

In Poland Sp. z o.o.  (LLC) can provide almost any type of activity, except for a few, among which:

  • Central banking
  • Life insurance
  • Other personal insurance and property insurance
  • Reinsurance
  • Retirement funds
  • Financial Markets Management

Only one main type of activity can be specified, and up to 9 related types of activity can be specified.

A license or special permits may be required. We determine this after you fill out the Sp. z o. o. (LLC) registration form.

We inform you in advance of the need and price of obtaining permits.

Legalization of stay in Poland on the basis of business activity. Can an entrepreneur apply for a visa?
  • After registering the company, you can get a business visa for one year, with a stay of 180 days. The basis for obtaining it will be an invitation that can be provided by the company itself or an extract from the State Register.
  • After the visa expires, you need to either apply for a new one, or obtain a permanent (temporary) residence permit. Such a permit is issued for 1 to 3 years. In order to obtain such a permit, you personally and the company must fulfill a certain set of requirements, our specialists will help you with these issues.
What are the company inspections in Poland? By which state authorities are they carried out and what exactly are they checking?

An entrepreneur can be controlled by various state authorities:

  • Labour Inspection

Most often, the control consists in checking compliance with the labor legislation of Poland. In particular, the main attention is paid to compliance with labor protection rules, rules of labor relations, legality of employment, minimum hourly rates, vacations, working hours, employment of disabled people and minors.

  • Social Insurance Department

ZUS (Polish Social Insurance Department) monitors entrepreneurs whether they pay social contributions. Inspectors of this department in particular monitor the correctness of calculations of social contributions and their timely payments.

  • Tax Inspectorate

The inspection is carried out by employees of the Tax Inspectorate and mainly consists in whether the entrepreneur performs his activities properly in compliance with the norms of tax legislation. The scope of inspections may include: assessment and payment of income tax, VAT refund, proper documentation.

In addition, the entrepreneur, depending on the activity carried out, may be checked by the following authorities:

  • Department of Customs and Tax Inspection
  • State Fund for the Rehabilitation of the Disabled (PFRON)
  • State Sanitary Inspectorate
  • Trade Inspection
  • General Veterinary Inspectorate
  • Authority granting concession (license)
  • Authority that maintains the register of regulated activities
  • Border Guard Service
  • Inspector General for the Protection of Personal Data
  • Environmental Protection Inspection
  • State fire protection

They can control everything – accounting, offices, production.

Ask question

Write to us and we will contact you soon