An entrepreneur can be controlled by various state authorities:
Most often, the control consists in checking compliance with the labor legislation of Poland. In particular, the main attention is paid to compliance with labor protection rules, rules of labor relations, legality of employment, minimum hourly rates, vacations, working hours, employment of disabled people and minors.
- Social Insurance Department
ZUS (Polish Social Insurance Department) monitors entrepreneurs whether they pay social contributions. Inspectors of this department in particular monitor the correctness of calculations of social contributions and their timely payments.
The inspection is carried out by employees of the Tax Inspectorate and mainly consists in whether the entrepreneur performs his activities properly in compliance with the norms of tax legislation. The scope of inspections may include: assessment and payment of income tax, VAT refund, proper documentation.
In addition, the entrepreneur, depending on the activity carried out, may be checked by the following authorities:
- Department of Customs and Tax Inspection
- State Fund for the Rehabilitation of the Disabled (PFRON)
- State Sanitary Inspectorate
- Trade Inspection
- General Veterinary Inspectorate
- Authority granting concession (license)
- Authority that maintains the register of regulated activities
- Border Guard Service
- Inspector General for the Protection of Personal Data
- Environmental Protection Inspection
- State fire protection
They can control everything – accounting, offices, production.